Homemade edible play dough is so easy to make. If your toddler is anything like mine, they can quickly put something in their mouth without you seeing them! So quick it can happen in the blink of an eye.
Although I wouldn’t recommend that you actually have your kids EAT this play dough, it would be safe to do so. If ever they were to take a bite, you don’t need to worry that they just ate something toxic!
How to Make Homemade Edible Play Dough
Ingredients for homemade edible playdough:
- Jell-O Instant Pudding Packet
- Warm Water
- Food coloring (if desired)
UK Alternative: You can use Bird’s instead of Jell-O Instant Pudding.
SIMPLE RIGHT? Yes!
This recipe is the easiest one you’ll ever make! Want to make some edible slime? Modify the recipe slightly by reducing the cornstarch and you’ll get a more slimy consistency. Add more cornstarch, you get a tougher play dough!
Homemade Edible Play Dough Recipe:
- 1/4 cup of Jell-O Instant Pudding
- 1 1/4 cup of Cornstarch
- 1/3 cup of warm water
- 2-3 drops of food coloring (if desired)
1. Add the Jell-O Instant Pudding and Cornstarch in a bowl.
2. Slowly add the warm water to the bowl.
3. If needed, add more cornstarch to get the desired consistency. If it gets a little sticky, sprinkle more cornstarch. You should end up with a stretchy play dough.
Store it in a container for up to a week in the refrigerator. You may have to add a drop or 2 of water to bring it back to the consistency you wish.
Modification for Edible Slime:
Same ingredients as above but less cornstarch – approximately 3/4 cup. Start with 1/2 a cup, mix to desired consistency. If its too liquid, add more cornstarch.
Recipe inspired by https://simplybeingmommy.com/2018/07/20/pudding-play-dough/